Dr. Usman Durrani has received his Ph.D. in IS and Masters in IT (Majors in Software Engineering) from RMIT University Australia and successfully obtained Masters in Computer Sciences from University of Central Punjab Pakistan. He is a certified Project Management Professional (PMP) USA, received ITIL certification from UK, Oracle Java certification USA, and Teaching and Assessment level IV certification from Australia. Dr. Durrani has 9 years of teaching, training and assessment experience at various professional, vocational, and tertiary institutes including 4 years Post Ph.D. experience. Along with his academic experience, he has 10 years of IT industry experience worldwide.
- Ph.D. in Information Systems, RMIT University, Australia, 2014
- Masters in IT (Software Engineering major), RMIT University, Australia, 2004
- Masters in Computer Sciences, UCP, Pakistan, 2000
- Assistant Professor, CEIT, Ajman University, UAE, 6 months
- Assistant Professor, CIT, Central Queensland University, Australia, 1.5 years
- Research Scholar and Sessional Lecturer, Information Technology, RMIT University, Australia, 5 years
- Assistant Professor, CS&IT, FC College University, Pakistan, 2 years
- Software Engineering
- Software Development & Programming
- Information Systems Implementations
- Software Project Management
- VR/AR Implementation in Education
- Lean Software Development Processes and Implementation
- Mobile technology and its innovative application in business
- E-Learning Innovation: Factors Affecting the Pedagogical Journey at Bendigo Kangan Institute. International Journal of e-Education, e-Business, e-Management and e-Learning. 6. 208-219. DOI:10.17706/ijeeee.2016.6.4.208-219.
- Lean Configuration Management Systems’ Implementation for the Governance: a Cloud Computing Case Study. Journal of Information Technology Management, Vol 25, Issue 1 (2014), ISSN 1042-1319. Available Online: http://jitm.ubalt.edu/XXV-1/contents.html
- Towards Holistic Traceability Solution: from Systematic Literature Review to Proposed Traceability Model. International Journal of Strategic Decision Sciences, Vol.5, No 1, 24-38, January-March 2014, ISSN 1947-8569. DOI: 10.4018/ijsds.2014010102
- Coexistence of Agile and SCM practices: An Exploratory Study of Australian Agile Software Development Organizations. Journal of Systems and Information Technology, ISSN 1328-7265. DOI: 10.1108/JSIT-09-2013-0045.
- Tetrad Influence: a Case Study of an Adaptable Software Configuration Management Process. International Journal of Strategic Decision Sciences (IJSDS), Vol 5, No 2 (2014), ISSN 1947-8569. DOI: 10.4018/ijsds.2014040103
- Adaptable Software Configuration Management: An investigation on Australian Agile Software Development Organizations. Lecture Notes on Software Engineering, Vol 1, No 1, February 2013. DOI: 10.7763/LNSE.2013.V1.15.
- Investigation on Australian Agile Software Development Organizations: An Exploratory Study of Adaptable SCM Process Implementation. Journal of Computers, Vol 8, No 7 (2013), 1799-1803, Jul 2013 DOI:10.4304/jcp.8.7.1799-1803
- Integration of Virtual Reality and Augmented Reality: Are They Worth the Effort in Education? IEEE TALE 2018 Proceedings. Wollongong, NSW, Australia, 4-7 Dec 2018. 322-327 DOI:10.1109/TALE.2018.8615164
- An empirical study of lean and agile influences in software configuration management. Proceedings - Pacific Asia Conference on Information Systems, PACIS 2014. http://aisel.aisnet.org/pacis2014/320
- Adaptable Management Systems Implementation for the Governance: A Case Study of Cloud Computing. BLED 2013 Proceedings, Bled, Slovenia. Paper 9. http://aisel.aisnet.org/bled2013/9
- Lean traceability solution through SLAM model: A case study of a hybrid delivery team in a hybrid cloud computing environment. Proceedings of 22nd Australasian Software Engineering Conference (ASWEC 2013). pp.19-26. Melbourne, Australia, 4-7 June 2013. ISBN: 9781922107039
- Adaptable SCM: An investigation on Australian Agile Software Development Organizations. Proceedings of the IACCIT/ICSCT Conference, Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia 2012. 66-70. DOI:10.7763/LNSE.2013.V1.15
Memberships, Awards and Honors
- Associate Member of Australian Computer Society
- Member of PMI USA