Dr. Tarun Walia did his Masters in Paediatric Dentistry (MDS) in 1997 from prestigious PGIMER, Chandigarh, INDIA. After senior residency in the same institute, he moved to Dubai, United Arab Emirates (UAE) in 2001. He acquired Membership in Paediatric Dentistry from Royal College of Surgeons of England in 2003. Presently, he is associate professor, Paediatric Dentistry in department of Growth & Development, College of Dentistry, Ajman University, Ajman, UAE. He is a founder member of Emirates Paediatric Dental Club (EPDC) and involved in organizing and delivering lectures and hands on courses in paediatric dentistry all over the world.
- Membership in Pediatric Dentistry (M.Paed Dent) from Royal College of Surgeons of England (UK). 2003
- Master of Dental Surgery (M.D.S.) in Pediatric and Preventive Dentistry, from Post Graduate Institute of Medical Education and Research, Chandigarh (Punjab University, Chandigarh), INDIA.1997
- Bachelor of Dental Surgery (B.D.S.) from D.A.V. (C) Dental College & Hospital, Yamunanagar (Maharishi Dayanand University, Rohtak),INDIA.1994
- Associate Professor: College of Dentistry, Ajman University, Ajman, United Arab Emirates (UAE) from 21.02.2010 till date.
- Specialist Pediatric Dentist: NMC specialty Hospital, Dubai, United Arab Emirates (UAE) from 10.07.2004 to 17.02.2010.
- Specialist Pediatric Dentist 'A': C.S Medical Centre, Sharjah, United Arab Emirates (UAE) from 01.09.2001 to 11.3.2004.
- Senior Registrar: Department of Pediatric and Preventive Dentistry at Oral Health Sciences Centre, Postgraduate Institute of Medical Education and Research (PGIMER), Chandigarh, India from 20.01.1998 to 19.01.2001
- Clinical and Preclinical Pediatric Dentistry I & II
- Esthetic Restorations in Pediatric Dentistry
- Zirconia Crowns for primary teeth
- Pulp therapy for primary teeth
- Fluoride in prevention of dental caries
- Early Childhood Caries
- T. Walia. Retrospective evaluation of clinical performance of NuSmile\xae pedodontic zirconia crowns in pulp treated primary teeth – 2 years follow up study. Int J of Pediatr Dent. 2017 (S2) 29.
- Tarun Walia, Salem Abu Fanas, Madiha Akbar, Jamal Eddin, Mohamad Adnan. Estimation of fluoride concentration in drinking water and common beverages in United Arab Emirates (UAE). Saudi Dent J. 2017; 29: 117-122.
- Walia T., Ghabari. A.H, Mathew, S. et al. An in vitro comparison of three delivery techniques for obturation of root canals in primary molars. Eur Arch Paediatr Dent. 2017; 18(1): 17-23.
- T. Walia, R. Bashiri and F. Alaghband. Split mouth clinical study evaluating stainless steel crowns and primary zirconia crowns in pulp treated primary molars. Int J Paediatr Dent 2015; 25(S1): 26.
- A. Salami, T. Walia, R. Bashiri. Comparison of parental satisfaction with three tooth-colored full-coronal restorations in primary maxillary incisors. J. Clin Pediatr Dent. 2015; 39(5):423-428.
- Tarun Walia. Pulpectomy in hyperaemic pulp and accelerated root resorption in primary teeth – A review with an associated case report. J Indian Soc Pedo Prev Dent. 2014; 32 (3):255-261
- T. Walia, A. Salami, R. Bashiri, O. Muthanna, F. Rashid. A randomized controlled trial of three aesthetic full-coronal restorations in primary maxillary teeth. European J Paediatr Dent. 2014; 15(2): 113-118.
- Dr. Tarun Walia, Dr Vijay Prakash Mathur, Dr Jatinder Kaur Dhiillon, Dr Gauri Kalra, Dr. Vartika Kathuria. Dentistry as a Profession in India: An overview for prospective students. Libyan Dent J. 2014; 4: 1-6.
- T. Walia, A. Salami, R. Bashiri, O. Muthanna. Randomized clinical trial comparing three esthetic full-coronal restorations in primary incisors – 6 months follow-up results. Int J Paediatr Dent 2013; 23(S1): 33.
- Comparison of root end closure technique in nonvital teeth using MTA & Ca(OH)2 paste. Int Journal of Pediatr Dent. 2011; 21 (Suppl.1): 108.
- Tarun Walia, Harpinder Singh Chawla, Krishen Gauba. Management of wide open apices in non vital permanent teeth with Ca(OH)2 paste. J. Clin Pediatr Dent. 2000; 25(1): 51-56.
- T. Walia, C. Brigi, Abdel Rahman M. M. KhirAllah. Comparative evaluation of surface roughness of posterior primary zirconia crowns. Eur Arch Paediatr Dent 2019; 20:33–40.
- Simy Mathew, Alexander Maniangat Luke, Tarun Walia, Anas Ghalib Masri, Hamad Jamal, Ajinkya Mansing Pawar. Effect of fruit juices and other beverages on loss of tooth structure. Pesq Bras Odontoped Clin Integr 2018,18(1):e3888.
- Walia T, Retrospective evaluation of clinical performance of NuSmile\xae pedodontic zirconia crowns in pulp treated primary teeth – 2 years follow up study. Presented at 26th Congress of International Association of Pediatric Dentistry, October, 2017, Santiago, Chile.
- A split mouth clinical study evaluating stainless steel crowns and primary zirconia crowns in pulp treated primary molars. Presented at 25th Congress of International Association of Pediatric Dentistry, July 2015, Glasgow, United Kingdom (UK).
- Randomized control trial comparing three esthetic full-coronal restorations in primary Incisors. Presented at 24th Congress of International Association of Pediatric Dentistry, June 2013, Seoul, South Korea.
- Tooth coloured esthetic crowns for extensively decayed primary dentition - Presented at AEEDC, February 2014, Dubai, UAE
- Dilemma of nonvital teeth during mixed dentition period – Retain OR Remove. Presented at AEEDC, February 2015. Dubai, UAE
- Treatment options for non-vital immature traumatized teeth, Advancing excellence in dental care 2011. College of Dentistry, Ajman University of Science & Technology, April 2011 (Ajman, UAE).
- Pediatric Dentistry - A clinical Art – simplified CME program organized by college of dentistry, Ajman university of Science & Technology, 5 Jan 2010 (Ajman, UAE).
- Updates in Paediatric dentistry. Presented at continuing medical education programme, Zulekha Hospital, Sharjah, UAE.14 Nov 2008 (Ajman, UAE)
- A review of Glass Ionomer Cements in Primary Dentition. Presented at Emirates Medical Association – Dental Society, RAK Dental symposium, 2 Feb 2008 (Ras Al Khaimah, UAE)
- Behaviour Management in Paediatric Dentistry. Presented at Dental Day, 2007, 2 Feb 2007 (Ras Al Khaimah, UAE)
- Implementation strategies for training school children on oral health - A comparative evaluation. Presented at 3rd Triennial Commonwealth Dental Association & 54th Indian Dental Association Congress, 28 Jan-1 Feb.2000 (New Delhi).
- Clinical Performance of Space Maintainers in Primary & Mixed Dentition Period presented at 39th National Conference of the Indian society of Pedodontics and Preventive Dentistry, September 2017, Chennai, India
- Extra Coronal Full Coverage Restorations for Primary Dentition presented at 40th National Conference of the Indian society of Pedodontics and Preventive Dentistry, October 2018, Chennai, India
Memberships, Awards and Honors
- International Association of Pediatric Dentistry (IAPD)
- Founding Member of Emirates Pediatric Dentistry Club
- Indian Society of Pedodontics and Preventive Dentistry
- Indian Dental Association
- Best paper award at 3rd Triennal Commonwealth Association & 54th Indian Dental Association Conference, New Delhi- Feb, 2000.
- Best Graduate of BDS course for the batch1989-93 by M. D. University, Rohtak. India
- Merit certificate awarded by Indian Society of Periodontology (1993) for standing first in the subject of Periodontia in M.D. University, Rohtak, India
- Merit certificate awarded by the Indian Society of Pedodontics & Preventive Dentistry (1993) for standing first in the subject of Pedodontics in M.D. University, Rohtak. India