Qualifications1.M.B.Ch.B. /1976/ College of Medicine, Baghdad University2.Ph.D./ 1984/ Charring Cross Hospital Medical School, University of London3.MOH license 2007 (Internal Medicine specialist)4.Graduate Diploma in Medical Education 2010, GMU, Ajman, UAEExperienceI.Over 30 years of teaching experience in: 1. College of Medicine, University of Sharjah 2- Gulf Medical University 3- College of Medicine, Baghdad University, Baghdad, Iraq5- College of Medicine, Al-Mustansiryah Univ., Baghdad, Iraq 6-Charring Cross Hospital Medical School, London University, UK.II. Over 12 years Clinical practice as private physicianInterest: Renal physiology Medical education Physiology of stressResearch8 Publications
- Graduate Diploma in Medical Education 2010, GMU, Ajman, UAE
- Ph.D./ 1984/ Charring Cross Hospital Medical School, University of London
- M.B.Ch.B. /1976/ College of Medicine, Baghdad University
- current position: Assistant Prof.,Department of Basic Medical Sciences, College of Dentistry , AU Since 1/9/2016
- 1/11/2011 to 30/6/2015 Visiting academic- College of Medicine, University of Sharjah
- 1 /9/2009 -2/ 8 /2011 Associate Professor Gulf Medical University
- Acadmic year 2006/2007 to end of academic year 2008/2009 A.Part time Assistant Prof. College of Pharmacy, Ajman University B.Part time PBL Facilitator College of Medicine University of Sharjah
- Oct., 91 to June, 2003 A.Private clinical practice. B.Part time Lecturer & tutor College of Medicine, Baghdad Univ. and Al-Mustansiryah Univ
- April 1984 to Oct.1991 Lecturer at Dept. of Physiology, College of Medicine, Al-Mustansiryah Univ., Baghdad, Iraq
- August 1979 to April 1984 / Ph.D. candidate at Dept. of Physiology, Charring Cross Hospital Medical School, London University, UK.
- Jan.1977 to July 1979: Tutor and demonstrator at Dept. of Physiology, college of Medicine, Al-Mustansiryah Univ
- July 1976 to Dec.1976: House officer at Al-Karamah Teaching Hospital, Baghdad, Iraq.
- Physiology for College of Medicine ,Integrated anatomy and physiology for Dentistry and Pharmacy, Mother and Child Health
- Renal physiology , Medical education , Physiology of stress
- Psychological health of first year undergraduate students in the Gulf Medical University, AMEE 2011 conference ,March/2011
- 7- Hypercalcuria in insulin dependent diabetes mellitus. Shakir, I.K.,Al-Omar,S.A. & Al-Madfae,Z. (1994) Iraqi Army Med. J . Vol 6 (2).
- Prediction of creatinine clearance from serum creatinine and other parameters in children. Shakir,I.K. ,Al-Omar ,S.A. & Al-Madfae,Z (1993) Iraqi Army Med .J. Vol 5 (1), pp. 68-73.
- Study of urinary calcium excretion in healthy Iraqi children. Shakir, I.K., Al-Omar, S.A. & Al-Roznamajy,N. (1989).Iraqi. Med.J.
- Renal blood flow and its distribution following hemorrhage in the rat: the role of vasopressin. Al-Omar Azzawi, S.A. & Shirley,D.G. (1984). J.Physiol. 346 (1) ,pp 171-179
- The effect of vasopressin on renal blood flow and its distribution in the rat. Al-Omar Azzawi, S.A. & Shirley, D.G. (1983).J.Physiol.341,pp, 233-244
- Vasopressin and renal vascular resistance following hemorrhage in the rat. Al-Omar Azzawi,S.A. & Shirley, D.G. (1982). J. Physiol. 332, pp92-93p.
- The use of microspheres to determine intrarenal blood flow in rats. Al-Omar Azzawi, S.A & Shirley,D.G. (1982) J. Physiol.324,pp 7-8p
- 7th Emirates Medical students conference October 2014
- Annual Scientific Meeting of GMU ,2009 & 2010
- 10-The annual conferences of the International Iraqi Medical Association (IIMA) in Sharjah, UAE. (April 2006, 2007, 2008,2009,2010,2011)
- 1St International conference of the Iraqi Society of Otolaryngology and Head & Neck surgery. ( Feb. 2002)
- The first conference of the Iraqi society of Nephrology and Urology (2002).
- The yearly conference of family planning and IVF, Baghdad, Iraq (1995-2002).
- The annual conferences of University of Mousel Medical School 1986-1995
- The annual conferences of Al-Mustansiryah Medical College.1985-1991
- The annual conferences of Baghdad Medical College.
- 3Attending all the monthly physiology society meetings held in UK during preparation for Ph.D. degree.(1980-1984)
- Presented a communication at the physiology society meeting in Cambridge University, UK, 1983.
- Presented a communication at the physiology society meeting in Oxford University/ UK, 1982.
Memberships, Awards and Honors
- Oct 2014 Award of Appreciation for evaluating Abstracts of 7th Emirates Medical Students Conference
- March 2013 , Certificate of Appreciation from The Dean of College of Medicine Sharjah University for Contribution to Forum of Reviewing The College Mission , Vision and Graduate profile
- Appreciation letter from the President of the International Iraqi Medical Association.
- 1991.Appreciation letter from Head of Department of Physiology, College of Medicine, Al-Mustansiryah University
- 1991 Appreciation letter from the Dean of the College of Medicine.
- 1979 I was awarded a Scholarship by Al-Mustansiryah University to do Ph.D. in UK.
- Member of the Iraqi Medical Association
- Member of International Iraqi Medical Association (IIMA).
- Associate member of the Iraqi society of Nephrology and Urology.
- Associate member of Emirate Menopause society