Dr. Sai HS. Boddu is an Associate Professor of Pharmaceutics in the College of Pharmacy and Health Sciences, Ajman University (AU). Dr. Boddu received his Ph.D. in Pharmaceutical Sciences from the University of Missouri-Kansas City. Prior to joining AU, he worked for the University of Toledo for 7.5 years. Dr. Boddu holds 2 patents and published more than 90 research and review articles in various peer-reviewed journals. Dr. Boddu is a co-Editor of the book titled "Excipient Applications in Formulation Design and Drug Delivery". Dr. Boddu’s current research interests are developing novel drug delivery systems for treating various diseases.
- Ph.D. in Pharmaceutical Sciences, University of Missouri-Kansas City, USA, 2010
- Assistant Professor, Department of Pharmacy Practice, University of Toledo, USA, 5.5 years
- Associate Professor, Department of Pharmacy Practice, University of Toledo, USA, 2 years
- Pharmaceutics, Dosage forms, Pharmacokinetics
- Drug delivery, Novel drug delivery systems
- Bahl, D., Daftardar, S., Bachu, R. D., Boddu, S. H., Altorok, N., & Kahaleh, B. (2019). Evaluation of Topical Econazole Nitrate Formulations with Potential for Treating Raynaud’s Phenomenon. Pharmaceutical development and technology, (just-accepted), 1-36.
- Bhattarai, R., Bachu, R., Boddu, S., & Bhaduri, S. (2019). Biomedical applications of electrospun nanofibers: Drug and nanoparticle delivery. Pharmaceutics, 11(1), 5.
- Neupane, R., Gaudana, R., Boddu, SHS. Imaging Techniques in the Diagnosis and Management of Ocular Tumors: Prospects and Challenges. The AAPS journal, 2018, 20(6), 97.
- Adhikari S, Daftardar S, Fratev F, Rivera M, Sirimulla S, Alexander K, Boddu SHS. Elucidation of the Orientation of Selected Drugs with 2-Hydroxylpropyl-β-Cyclodextrin Using 2D-NMR Spectroscopy and Molecular Modelling. International journal of pharmaceutics. 2018 May 7.
- Kalhapure RS, Bolla P, Dominguez DC, Dahal A, Boddu SHS, Renukuntla J, Furosemide- silver complex nanosuspension: preparation and evaluation of antibacterial activity, IET Nanobiotechnology. 2018 Apr 6.
- Cruz KCE, Churchwell MD, Mauro VF, Boddu SHS. Physical compatibility of levetiracetam injection with heparin, dobutamine, and dopamine. Am J Health Syst Pharm., 2018, 75(8):510-512.
- Bachu RD, Chowdhury P, Al-Saedi ZH, Karla PK. and Boddu SHS. Ocular Drug Delivery Barriers—Role of Nanocarriers in the Treatment of Anterior Segment Ocular Diseases. Pharmaceutics, 2018, 10(1), p.28.
- Bachu RD, Stepanski M, Alzhrani R, Jung R, Boddu SHS. Development and Evaluation of a Novel Microemulsion of Dexamethasone and Tobramycin for Topical Ocular Administration, Journal of Ocular Pharmacology and Therapeutics. 2018, 34(4), 312-324
- Wei Y, Yang JW, Boddu SHS, Jung R, Churchwell MD. Compatibility, Stability, and Efficacy of Vancomycin Combined With Gentamicin or Ethanol in Sodium Citrate as a Catheter Lock Solution. Hosp Pharm. 2017 Nov;52(10):685-690.
- Alzhrani RM, Alhadidi Q, Bachu RD, Shah Z, Dey S, Boddu SHS, (2017) Tanshinone IIA Inhibits VEGF Secretion and HIF-1α Expression in Cultured Human Retinal Pigment Epithelial Cells Under Hypoxia, Curr Eye Res. 2017 Dec;42(12):1667-1673.
- Bhattarai RS, Das A, Alzhrani RM, Kang D, Bhaduri SB, Boddu SHS, Comparison of Electrospun and Solvent Cast Polylactic acid (PLA)/Poly(vinyl alcohol) (PVA) Inserts as Potential Ocular Drug Delivery Vehicles, Materials Science and Engineering: C 77 (2017): 895-903
- Alsaab H, Alzhrani RM, Kesharwani P, Sau S, Boddu SHS, Iyer AK, (2017). Folate Decorated Nanomicelles Loaded with a Potent Curcumin Analogue for Targeting Retinoblastoma. Pharmaceutics, 2017, 9(2), 15.
- Frank MI, Boddu SHS, Mauro VF, Churchwell MD. Physical compatibility of valproate sodium injection with dobutamine and dopamine. American Journal of Health-System Pharmacy. 2017, 74(5):280-281.
- Alsaab H, Bonam SP, Bahl D, Chowdhury P, Alexander K, Boddu SHS. Organogels in Drug Delivery: A special emphasis on Pluronic Lecithin Organogels. J Pharm Pharm Sci. 2016 Apr-Jun;19(2):252-73.
- Al-Saedi Z, Zimmerman A, Bachu RD, Dey S, Shah Disease: Present Challenges in the Management and design. Curr Pharm Des. 2016;22(28):4470-90
- Al-Saedi ZH, Alzhrani RM, Boddu SHS. Formulation and In Vitro Evaluation of Cyclosporine-A Inserts Prepared Using Hydroxypropyl Methylcellulose for Treating Dry Eye Disease. Journal of Ocular Pharmacology and Therapeutics. J Ocul Pharmacol Ther. 2016 Sep;32(7):451-62.
- Peeters Michael, Boddu SHS, Assessing Development in Critical Thinking: One Institution’s Experience, Currents in Pharmacy Teaching and Learning, 8(3), 271-278.
- Alsaab H, Alzhrani RM, Boddu SHS. Evaluation of the Percutaneous Absorption of Chlorpromazine from PLO Gels across Porcine Ear and Human Abdominal Skin, Drug Dev Ind Pharm. 2016 Aug;42(8):1258-66
- Patel S, Garapati C, Chowdhury P, Gupta H, Nesamony J, Nauli S, Boddu SHS. Development and Evaluation of Dexamethasone Nanomicelles with Potential for Treating Posterior Uveitis After Topical Application.J Ocul Pharmacol Ther. 2015, 31(4): 215-227.
- Rao PS, Goodwani S, Bell RL, Wei Y, Boddu SHS, Sari Y. Effects of ampicillin, cefazolin and cefoperazone treatments on GLT1 expressions in the mesocorticolimbic system and ethanol intake in alcohol-preferring rats. Neuroscience. 2015, 295, 164-174.
Memberships, Awards and Honors
- University of Missouri-Kansas City, Vice Chancellor for Student Affairs and Enrollment Management Honor Recipient, Fall-2010
- University of Missouri-Kansas City -Chancellor's Doctoral Fellowship, Fall 2008-Fall 2010
- University of Missouri-Kansas City -Chancellor Non-Resident award, Fall, 2006-Fall,2010
- University of Missouri-Kansas City, Best poster award for Research Day, 2010
- AAPS-UMKC Best seminar speaker award, 2008
- University of Missouri-Kansas City, 24th Annual Achievers of Excellence award, 2006