Dr. Richie R. Bhandare is working as an Assistant Professor of Medicinal Chemistry. Prior to joining AU, he was working as an Assistant Professor of Pharmaceutical Sciences at NMIMS University, Mumbai, India for 3 years. He has completed his PhD from College of Pharmacy, Temple University, Philadelphia, USA. He has a Master's and Bachelor's degree in Pharmaceutical Sciences from University of Mumbai, India.
- PhD, School of Pharmacy, Temple University, Philadelphia, USA, 2013
- M.Pharm, University of Mumbai, India, 2004
- B.Pharm, University of Mumbai, India, 2002
- Assistant Professor, Pharmaceutical Sciences, SPPSPTM SVKM's NMIMS University, India, 2013-2016
- Assistant Professor, Department of Pharmaceutical Sciences, College of Pharmacy and Health Sciences, Ajman University, Ajman, UAE, 2017 till date
- Medicinal & Pharmaceutical Chemistry I & II
- Chemistry for Engineers
- Organic reaction method development
- Microwave assisted synthesis
- Muscarinic/serotonergic ligands design, synthesis and evaluation
- Retinoic acid receptor ligands design and synthesis
- Nanoparticle formulation of synthetic compounds
- Microwave assisted Co-crystal formations
- Effect of enzymes on extraction of andrographolide from Andrographis paniculata Nees.
- Modifications to five-substituted 3, 3-diethyl-4, 5-dihydro-2 (3H)-furanones en route to novel muscarinic receptor ligands
- Homologation as a lead modification approach en route to a series of lactone-based muscarinic ligands
- Synthesis and preliminary evaluation of affinity to retinoic acid receptors for new organosilicon-based retinoids
- Cardiovascular Concern of 5-HT2B Receptor and Recent Vistas in the Development of Its Antagonists.
- Disubstituted oxazolidin-2-ones 5-hydroxytryptamine receptor 2B activity modulators
- Novel γ-Butyrolactone Derivatives as Muscarinic Receptor Antagonists: Pharmacophore Elucidation and Docking Analyses
- Bioisosteric Replacement and Related Analogs in the Design, Synthesis and Evaluation of Ligands for Muscarinic Acetylcholine Receptors
- Investigation Into the Bioisosteric Approach in the Design, Synthesis and Evaluation of Muscarinic Receptor Ligands
- Five-substituted 3, 3 diethyl-4, 5-dihydro-2 (3H)-furanones as muscarinic receptor ligands
- MEDI 386-Development of benzylpiperazines as subtype selective muscarinic ligands.
- ENZYMATIC PRETREATMENT TO FACILITATE EXTRACTION OF ISOFLAVONES FROM SOJA HISPIDA.
- Preparation and Physicochemical Characterization of Acyclovir C0-crystals by microwave synthesis
- Microwave assisted synthesis of 3-benzyl 5-hydroxymethyl-1,3-oxazolidin-2-one utilized as scaffold for 5-HT2b receptor
Memberships, Awards and Honors
- Indian Pharmaceutical Association
- Rho Chi
- Faculty of 1000