Dr. Chaker currently is an Associate Professor and MBA Program Coordinator at College of Business Administration, Ajman University. I have a Ph. D. in Economics (Public Finance Major) & Accounting (Minor) and M.A. in Economics from University of Colorado at Boulder. In addition, I have a M.S. in Accounting from University of New Haven, Connecticut, USA.My administrative experience as Acting Dean, Assistant Dean for Student Affairs, Acting Associate Dean, Acting Head of Economics Department, Director of Undergraduate Programs, and a Chairman and member of Executive Committee of the EMBA programs.I have worked at different universities and colleges in the U.S., Middle East: UAE and Qatar, and Central Asia for teaching and administrative positions. My educational background and professional experiences:1-My Ph.D. Degree from University of Colorado at Boulder, Colorado, USA. The university is ranked: # 38 of Institutional Ranking of Academic Ranking of World Universities (ARWU), 2016. # 16 of World Universities Ranking by Subject of Economics & Econometrics, 2016. # 34 of Academic Ranking of World Universities 2015, Top 100 World Universities by The Higher Education Ranking (THE).# 32 of Global Ranking: 2016 Best Global Universities by U.S. News, USA.2-Over Twenty Two years of Teaching and Administrative experiences at different countries: USA, UAE, Qatar, and Kazakhstan. The administrative experience ranges from Acting Dean, Acting Associate Dean, Assistant Dean for Student Affairs, Head of Department, Director of Undergraduate Programs, EMBA Chair and member of Executive Committee, and MBA coordinator. 3-Extensive Research Record including of publishing over 15 research papers in specialized professional international journals, over 25 research papers presented at International and Regional Professional Conferences and published in conferences proceedings, and two published case studies.4-Achieving a record of Research Citation of about 246 citations. 5-Familiarity with National and International Accreditation at different universities. I was in charge of undergraduate and MBA re-accreditation teams at Ajman University 2012 – 2013. Currently, member of AACSB Accreditation team and DBA Initial Accreditation Team in the College of Business administration.My Accreditation experience includes: The Ministry of Higher Education (CAA) in UAE, The Association to Advance Collegiate Schools of Business (AACSB International), Accreditation Council for Business Schools and Programs (ACBSP), The International Assembly for Collegiate Business Education (IACBE), The European Association for Quality Assurance in Higher Education (ENQA), European Quality Improvement System (EQUIS), and European Foundation for Management Development (EFMD).6-Long experience with international students in different countries and at different capacities academic and extracurricular activities. Ranging from academic advising, assistant dean for student affairs, head of department, managing and organizing students field trips, and social functions.7-Attending many training programs and workshops on Leadership Skills, Conflict Resolution skills and other in order to develop my personal qualities that enable me to be effective mediator and problem solver among students, colleagues, and superiors.
- Ph.D. Economics University of Colorado, Boulder, CO, USA, May 1994 Thesis Topic: Financial Determinants of Hospital Performance Specialization: Public Finance. Cognate Area: Health Economics. Minor Area: Accounting. Supervised by Professor Jeffrey Zax, (Ph.D. June, 1984 in Economics, Harvard University, B.A. June, 1976 Magna Cum Laude in Economics, Harvard University)
- Master of Arts in Economics University of Colorado, Boulder, CO, USA, May 1990
- Master of Science in Accounting University of New Haven, New Haven, CT, USA, January, 1987 Specialization: Financial Accounting.
- Bachelor of Arts in Accounting Damascus University, September 1981 Specialization: Accounting.
- 1- College of Business Administration, Economics Department, Ajman University Associate Professor Finance Department College of Business Administration August 19, 2009 – Present. MBA Program Coordinator College of Business Administration March 2014 - Present. Head of Finance Department College of Business Administration March 2012 – March 2018. Acting Dean College of Business Administration July 7 – August 8, 2013 July 15 – July 31, 2011
- 2- College of Social Sciences, Department of Economics,Kazakhstan Institute of Management, Economics, and Strategic Research (KIMEP), Republic of Kazakhstan. Associate Professor Economics Department College of Social Sciences August 14, 2008 – August 15, 2009, teaching Economics courses Acting Chair Department of Economics College of Social Sciences June 2009 – July 2009 Acting Associate Dean College of Social Sciences March 2009 – May 2009 Director of Undergraduate Programs Economics Department College of Social Sciences August 2008 – August 2009
- 3- College of Business and Economic, Qatar University, Qatar, Assistant Professor September 2006 – July 2008 Teaching Economics and Finance courses for undergraduate and MBA programs.
- 4- College of Business and Management, University of Sharjah, UAE, Assistant Professor August 1998 – August 2006 Teaching Economics and Accounting courses: Macroeconomics, Microeconomics, andPrinciples of Economics for EMBA program. Acting Dean: 2004 – 2005: June 12, 2004 - June 29, 2005 January 10-January 24, 2004 2003: January 3-20, June 25 – August 22 2002: January 20-25, November 28-December 10 2001: January 8–January 27, March 29-April 9, June 20-August 30, December 12 – 20 1999 – 2000: August 1999 – February 2000, March 15-March 26. Assistant Dean for Student Affairs October 2000 – June 2004 Economics Department Coordinator September 2004 – January 2005 September 1998 – October 2000 The Executive Committee of the Executive MBA Program: Chair, Academic Year 2004 – 2005 Member, February 2000 – October 2002 Academic Advisor for Executive MBA Program February 2000 – December 2004
- 5- Visiting Assistant Professor, Police Academy of Sharjah, Sharjah, U.A.E Teaching Public Finance, Fall 2004. Teaching Financial Systems and Budgets, Spring 1999 and Fall 1999.
- Customers Satisfaction, Financial Economics, International Economics, Public Finance, and Money and Banking
- 1-“Testing the Weak Form of Efficiency of the Stock Markets in Gulf Cooperation Council Countries (GCCC)” by Dr. Mohammed Naim Chaker and Ms. Ariba Sabah, Accepted for publication in next issue of:J. Global Business Advancement (JGBA is indexed in Scopus),2018 Vol.11 No.3, pp.376 – 392, Available online: 22 Nov 2018. 1-“THE IMPACT OF BANKING SECTOR E-SERVICE QUALITY ON CUSTOMER SATISFACTION”, Dr. Mounir M El Khatib and Dr.Mohammad Naim Chaker, Journal of Advancements in Economics, Finance & Accounting, Volume VX, Number 1, 2016, ISSN 2327-9087, Pages: 33 – 52. Published by Academic Organization for Advancement of Strategic and International Studies (Academic OASIS), USA
- 2-“CONSUMERS' PERCEPTIONS OF BANKS COUNTRY OF ORIGIN IN THE UAE”, Dr. Mohammed Naim Chaker, Eurasian Journal of Economics and Finance, 3(3), 2015, 25-34 DOI: 10.15604/ejef.2015.03.03.003. Online ISSN: 2148-0192. http://www.eurasianpublications.com.
- 3-“Country of Origin (COO) Influence on Services of Foreign Versus Domestic Banks: Consumers' Perceptions of Service Quality in UAE”, Dr. Mohammed Naim Chaker. Conference of the International Journal of Arts & Sciences,CD-ROM. ISSN: 1943-6114, Volume 07(02), Pages:293–302 (2014). Copyright c 2014 by UniversityPublications.net.
- 4-“The Impact of Money Supply on Economic Growth: A Case Study of the United Arab Emirates”, Dr. Mohammed Naim Chaker, Srinivas Inguva, and Rubeena Cetin. Journal of Global Business Advancement, Vol. 5, No. 1, 2012, pp. 7 – 20, Copyright@2012 Inderscience Enterprises Ltd.
- 5-“What Accountancy Skills Are Acquired at College?”, Dr. Mohammed Naim Chaker and Dr. Tengku Akbar Tengku Abdullah, International Journal of Business and Social Science, Vol. 2, No. 18, October 2011, pp. 193 – 199, Published by Center for Promoting Ideas, USA.
- 6-“Competency Skills in Accounting: Perceptions of Kazakhstan Institute of Management, Economics, and Strategic Research (KIMEP), Kazakhstan”,Dr. Tengku Akbar T.A., and Dr. Mohammed Chaker,Journal of Global Business Advancement, Vol. 4, No. 2, 2011, pp. 167 – 180, Copyright \xa9 2011 Inderscience Enterprises Ltd.
- 7-"Patient Satisfaction in Qatar Orthopedic and Sports Medicine Hospital (ASPITAR)", Dr. Mohammed N. Chaker and Nasser Al – Azzab, International Journal of Business and Social Sciences, Vol. 2, No. 7, Special Issue – April 2011, pp. 69 – 78, Published by Center for Promoting Ideas, USA.
- 8-"Barriers to Service Quality of Islamic Banks in Qatar", Dr. Mohammed N. Chaker and Dr. NaceurJabnoun,International Journal of Commerce and Management (IJCM), Vol. 20, No. 4, 2010, pp. 296-307. Emerald Group Publishing Limited.
- 9-“The Impacts of the Global Economic Crises on Islamic Banks Financial Institutions in UAE”. Dr. Mohammed Naim Chaker and Dr. Abdalla Salih, Journal of International Business and Entrepreneurship Development, Vol. 5, No.2, 2010, pp.113-125. Inderscience Enterprises Ltd.
- 10-“Customers' Perception of Online Banking in Qatar", AbdulazizHashim and Dr. Mohammed Chaker. Journal for Global Business Advancement, Vol. 2, No. 3, 2009, pages 252 – 263.
- 11- “Managing Disequilibria in the New Economy”, Dr. Mohammed N. Chaker, The Journal of American Academy of Business, Cambridge, Vol. 6, Num. 1, March, 2005, pp. 58 – 61.
- 12- “The Impact of Globalization on Cultural Industries in the UAE”, Dr. Mohammed N. Chaker, The Journal of American Academy of Business, Cambridge, Volume 3, Number 1&2, September 2003, ISBN 1540-1200, pp. 323-325, USA.
- 13- “A Cross-Cultural Conceptual Model for Testing Organizational Commitment in The UAE”, Dr. Syed Aziz Anwar, Dr. Mohammed Naim Chaker and Mrs. and Nadia Farhat, The Journal of International Business and Entrepreneurship Development 2003, Special Issue on “Doing Business in the Middle East”, Vol.10 No.1, ISBN 0128-7494, pp. 63 - 66, July 2003.
- 14-“WTO and Services Sector Reform: Evidence from The United Arab Emirates”, Dr. Mohammed N. Chaker, The Journal of International Business and Entrepreneurship Development 2003, Special Issue on “ Doing Business in the Middle East”, Vol.10 No.1, ISBN 0128-7494, pages 48 – 51, July 2003.
- 15- “The Japanese Management System in the Era of Globalization”, Dr. Mohammed N. Chaker,Asian Profile, August 2002, Vol. 30, No. 4, Pages 289 – 296.
- 16- “Comparing the Quality of Private and Public Hospitals in UAE", Dr. NaceurJabnoun and Dr. Mohammed N. Chaker. The Journal Managing Service Quality, Vol 13, No 4, Pages 290 – 299, August 2003, The University of Queensland, Australia.
- 17- “The Globalization of Corporate America: Implications for Management Styles in Arab Countries”, Dr. Mohammed N. Chaker and Dr. Syed Aziz Anwar, International Journal of Management, Vol. 20, No. 1, pages 43-55, March 2003.
- (3)- Published Case Studies 1- “Privatization and Perceived Performance: The Case of DST Communications, Brunei”, Dr. Syed Aziz Anwar and Dr. Mohammed N. Chaker, Case Study No. 501-024-1, Distributed by The European Case Clearing House, England and USA, May 2001.
- 2-“Carving Out a Niche: The Case of Thai Airways”, ”, Dr. Syed Aziz Anwar and Dr. Mohammed N. Chaker, Case Study No. 501-025-1, Distributed by The European Case Clearing House, England and USA, May 2001.
- (4)- Book Review “The Internet Guide for Accountants”, Journal of Accounting and Business Research, Volume 8, No. 2, Pages 121 – 123, December 2000.