Dr. Arar is an associate professor in the Architectural Engineering Department at AU. He was the head of DAE at Ajman University for five years (2007-2012). He finished his PhD study in the field of Environmental and Urban Studies from Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute in New York, USA. He was an assistant professor and Head of department at Applies Sciences University in Amman, Jordan (1997-2001).
- Ph.D. in Urban Environmental Studies , Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute. Troy, New York. USA. 1995
- Master of Architecture , California State Polytechnic University Pomona , Los Angeles, California. USA. 1985
- Bachelor of Architecture from University of Louisiana, Lafayette, Louisiana. USA. 1979-1984
- Bachelor of City and Regional Planning from University of Louisiana, Lafayette, Louisiana. USA. 1979-1984
- Associate Professor Architectural Engineering Department Ajman University, UAE , 2012 - present
- Head Department , Architectural Engineering Department, Ajman University , UAE , 2007- 2012
- Academic Coordinator, Architectural Engineering Department Ajman University, UAE , 2005 - 2007
- Assistant Professor , Architectural Engineering Department Ajman University, UAE , 2004 - 2005
- Head Department , Architectural Engineering Department, Applied Sciences University , Amman, Jordan, 2000- 2001
- Assistant Professor , Architectural Engineering Department, Applied Sciences University , Amman, Jordan, 1997- 2000
- Architectural Design
- Urban Design
- Urban Planning
- Graduation Project
- Urban Design
- Urban Planning
- Sustainability in Architectural and Urban Development
- Architectural Design development
- Publication Date: 22-24 April 2015 Title of Publication: Dubai Metro and the New Build Environment and Urban Life at Sheikh Zaid Road Journal/Conference: Transformation of the urban character of Arab Cities, since the late last century Proceedings of the International Conference held at German Jordanian University Amman- Jordan.
- Publication Date: 17-19 December 2012 Title of Publication: The impact of the commercial activities on the urban scape of the historic city center with a case study of some cities in the U.A.E. Journal/Conference: 3rd International Architectural Conservation Conference
- Publication Date: Nov. 2011 Title of Publication: Urban Form Types and Some Related Social Problems of Multi-Story Housing in Britain and the Gulf Region. Journal/Conference: The IRAQ JOURNAL OF ARCHITECTURE ISSN: 1999-1738
- Publication Date: Oct 2011 Title of Publication: House Typology from Adjacency Diagram Theory to Space Orientation Theory Journal/Conference: International Journal of Civil & Environmental Engineering IJCEE-IJENS
- Publication Date: March 2010 Title of Publication: ASSESSMENT TOOLS: MATHEMATICAL FACTORIAL AND ADJACENCY DISTRIBUTION THEORY FOR HOUSING TYPOLOGY IN GAZA CITY Journal/Conference: Archnet-IJAR, International Journal of Architectural Research
Memberships, Awards and Honors
- Winning Architectural Design Competition, My graduate student as individual participant won the fifth place in Tamayouz International Excellence Award Competition; there were 420 participants from 88 schools and 33 nationalities, November 2016.
- Winning Architectural Design Competition, My students as group work of urban design project won the first place in Ajman Creek Challenge Competition, organized by Ajman Municipality, March 2015.
- Winning Architectural Design Competition, My students as group design work won the Third place in the international design competition under the name “ Concepts for Event City” organized by Ajman Municipality in the 7th Ajman International Urban Planning Conference April 2014.