PhD and MSc degrees holder in Computer Science from Paul Sabatier University, Toulouse III, France and BSc in Computer Science from Pau University, France. Possess more than 20 years teaching and academic experiences largely at Ajman University - College of Information Technology where the last 16 years acted as Head of the Information Systems Department within the College. Work as an active member of different committees with positive contribution at College and University levels. Published several papers in E-learning and blended-learning fields. Held the position of Acting Dean at the College of Information Technology from July 2017 until January 2019. Currently, holding the position of Head of Information Technology Department within the College of Engineering and Information Technology.
- PhD in Computer Science, University of Paul Sabatier, Toulouse III, France. 1995.
- Master in Computer Science, University of Paul Sabatier, Toulouse III, France. 1991.
- Bachelor of Science in Computer Science, University of Pau, France. 1990.
- Acting Dean, College of Information Technology, Ajman University, July 2017 - Jan. 2019
- Head of the Information Systems Department, College of Information Technology, Ajman University, UAE. Sept. 2001 – Feb. 2017
- Assistant Professor, College of Information Technology, Ajman University, UAE. Sept. 1998 - Sept. 2001
- Teaching Assistant, Department of Informatics, Toulouse III University, France. Sept. 1992 – June 1995
- Head of Information Technology Department, College of Engineering and Information Technology, Jan.2019 to current
- Object Oriented Programming
- Database Management Systems
- Business Intelligence and Data warehousing
- Software Engineering
- Data Structures and Algorithms
- Information Technology in Business
- Organization of Programming Languages
- Computer Graphics
- Algorithms and Problem Solving
- Graduation Projects
- System Analysis and Design
- Blended learning
- Cloud Computing
- “Assessing and Evaluating Learning Outcomes of the Information Systems Program”, World Journal of Educational Research, Volume 4, No. 4, December 2017, pages 524 – 536.
- “Blended Learning at Ajman University of Science and Technology: A Case Study”, Multicultural Awareness and Technology in Higher Education: Global Perspectives. Edited by Tomayess Issa, Pedro Isaias & Piet Kommers. March, 2014, Chapter 11, pages 218 – 242.
- “EVALUATING STUDENT SATISFACTION WITH BLENDED LEARNING IN A GENDER-SEGREGATED ENVIRONMENT”, Journal of Information Technology Education: Research- Volume 11, 2012- , pages 185 – 200.
- “Using Interactive Video Conferencing for Blended Teaching at Ajman University of Science and Technology”, IADIS International Conference on E-Learning, Lisbon (Portugal), July 2012.
- “Using Video Conferencing for Blended Teaching at Ajman University of Science and Technology”, EDULEARN11: International Conference on Education and new Learning Technologies, Barcelona (Spain), July 2011.
- “Towards a blended-learning approach in higher education: A case study of introducing an e-learning experience to the conventional learning methods”, EDULEARN10: International Conference on Education and new Learning Technologies, Barcelona (Spain) July 2010.
- “Semantic Reconciliation in Peer Multi-Data Source Management System”, Thirteenth International Database Engineering & Applications Symposium, IDEAS09, Calibria – Italy - 2009.
- "Cloud Capacity Planning Based on Simulation and Genetic Algorithms", Intelligent Systems Conference (IntelliSys), Sept. 2019
- “Factors Influencing Plagiarism and Collusion in Programming Assignments”, 18th International Conference on Information Technology based Higher Education and Training (ITHET) 2019, 26-27 September 2019.
- “Academic Dishonesty in Computer and Mathematics Assignments: A Comparative Study”, The 8th International Conference on Computer Science & Computational Mathematics (ICCSCM 2019), 4-5 July 2019.
- “Acquisition de connaissances par le tuteur intelligent et pour le tuteur intelligent”, 9i\xe8me Congr\xe8s Reconnaissance des Formes et Intelligence Artificielle, RFIA’94 - Paris - France - 1994.
- “A knowledge acquisition system to resolve ambiguous solutions in intelligent tutoring system”, The Second World Congress on Expert Systems, SWCES’94 - Lisbon - Portugal - 1994.
- “Un processus d’acquisition de connaissances dans les tuteurs intelligents”, International Conference on EXPERt SYStems Tools & Applications : EXPERSYS-93 - IITT-International - Paris - France - 1993.
Memberships, Awards and Honors