Dr West is currently dean of the College of Business Administration. He holds a PhD from the University of Pennsylvania in the USA and an MBA from the University of South Africa. Before coming to the UAE, dr West held a number of different academic positions in Australia at Curtin University and the University of Tasmania. Dr West is a distinguished researcher, having secured over $2m of funding to undertake a number of industry research projects. He has published widely in a range of top journals and has been keynote speaker and presenter at a number of conferences in Australia, USA, China, Malaysia and Hong Kong. He has been retained by Governments and private sector companies to provide advice on a range of issues including strategy, competition policy, innovation readiness and economic development.Dr. West also has substantial industry experience having been a director at Deloitte and Manager at Woodside, a listed Australian Oil and Gas company.
- PhD, University of Pennsylvania, USA
- Dean, College of Business Administration, Ajman University, UAE
- Economics, Strategy, Entrepreneurship and Innovation
- Innovation readiness, applied micro economics, supply chain management
- •Van Der Westhuizen, J, West, M, 2016, “Cross-Functional Maintenance and Logistics Business Process Integration: Lessons from a Large Oil and Gas Company.” The Journal of Applied Business Research. Vol32, Iss2 pp. 401-416.
- •J Chanchaichujit, M Quaddus, M West, J Saavedra-Rosas, 2016, “The use of an optimisation model to design a green supply chain”. International Journal of Logistics Management Vol. 27 Iss2 pp.595-618.
- •Basak, M, West, M, and Narang, S. P. S, 2013, “Forecasting Air Cargo Demand in India.” International Journal of Engineering, Science and Innovation Technology. Vol 6 Issue 2. ISSN 23195967.
- •Foulds, L. R, and West, M, 2007, “The Productivity of Large Business Information System Development”, International Journal of Business Information Systems 2: 162-181
- •Foulds, L. R, and West, M, 2006, “Innovation of E-procurement: A Case Study”, International Journal of Business Innovation and Research 2: 51- 72.
- Foulds, L. R, and West, M, 2006, “Farmers Reap the Benefits of DSS”, OR/MS Today 33: 50-55.
- West, M, 2017. “Supply Chain Innovation, key insights for the MENA region” Innovation Arabia conference, Dubai
- •Chanchaichujit, J, Quaddus, M, West, M, & Saavedra-Rosas, J, 2013, “Green supply chain model for the Thai rubber industry.” Proceedings of the 18th International Symposium on Logistics, Vienna, 7-10 July
- •Chanchaichujit, J, Quaddus, M, West, M, & Saavedra-Rosas, J, 2012, “An optimization based decision support model for the Thai rubber industry supply chain: Preliminary results” Proceedings of the IEEM2012 International conference on Industrial Engineering and Engineering Management, Hong Kong, 10-13 December.
- •Issa, T, Turk, A, & West, M, 2008 “User Participation In Website Development” Paper Presented at the IADIS International Conference WWW/Internet. Freiburg Germany
- •Foulds, L. R, Quaddus, M, and West, M, 2007, “Structural Equation Modelling of Large Scale Information System Application Development”, 6th IEEE International Conference on Computer and Information Science (ICIS 2007), July 11-13, Melbourne, Australia.
Memberships, Awards and Honors
- Fellow, Chartered Institute of Transport and Logistics