Maha Abdul Majeed is a professor at Ajman University. She is specialized in journalism and online media. She has over 20 years of experience in media research, academic teaching, training and consultancy in Egypt, Saudi Arabia and UAE.
Maha is a principal investigator in the international research project "Global Risk Journalism Hub" (GRJH). She is also a co-investigator and active member in the international research project "Journalistic Role Performance Project" (JRP). Maha has practical experience in online learning, provided an online course in Interactive Media Research in co-operation with Edraak Organization. Besides, she also achieved the Digital Media Professional Diploma from the American University in Cairo, Egypt. Maha participated in the 2nd round of the National Media Training program offered by Dubai Press to media practitioners and students in UAE. Maha had been rewarded twice for the “Excellence in Research Award", her research interests and contributions include New media, Online Journalism, Security Media, Communication Research Methods, Crisis Management and Journalism Education. She worked as a senior media expert in the National Center for Social and Criminal Research, Egypt.
- Ph. D in Mass Communication, College of Mass Communication, Cairo University, 2008.
- Master Degree in Mass Communication, College of Mass Communication, Cairo University, 2005.
- BA in Mass Communication, College of Mass Communication, Cairo University, 1998.
- -Associate professor, College of Mass Communication and Humanities, Ajman University, 2014.
- Senior Media Expert, National center for Social and Criminal Research, Egypt, 2013.
- Chairperson of the Research Committee, College of Mass Communication and Humanities, Ajman University, since March 2013.
- Member of the Council for Graduate Students Research, and the Delegation Committee, Ajman University, January 2017.
- Member of the Scientific Committee of the International conference “Media in the Age of Social Changes”, College of Mass Communication and Humanities, supposed to be hold on April 2017.
- -Coordinator of Printed and Electronic Journalism Track, College of Mass Communication and Humanities, Ajman University, March 2013: March 2015.
- -Coordinator of the monthly scientific seminar for students, since 2012.
- Coordinator of Staff scientific symposium, College of Mass Communication and Humanities, since November 2016.
- Coordinator of Mass Communication students’ participation in the Scientific Annual Students Conference of Ajman University, May 2014.
- Member of Academic Accreditation Committee, College of Mass Communication and Humanities, Ajman University, since March 2013.
- Member of the scientific unit of “Media Monitor”, the National Center of Social and Criminal Research, 2011- 2012.
- Editor in chief in, the National Social Magazine, National Center of Social and Criminal Research, 2010-2011.
- -Lecturer at the scientific research training program for postgraduate students, College of Mass Communication, Emam Mohamed ben Saud University, Riyadh, 2010.
- Researcher at the National Center of Social and Criminal Research, June 2006, then Media Expert since March 2008.
- -Part timer teaching staff at number of Egyptian Universities during the years from 1999 to 2012, Ain shams University, Modern Science and Arts University, Misr International University, 6th of October University, Akhbar Al youm Academy.
- Trainer of specialized training courses and workshops from 2007 to 2016 for number of various organizations in the United Arab Emirates, Egypt and Kingdom of Saudi Arabia.
- Media research methods, Communication Theories, Online Journalism, Specialized Journalism, New Trends in Electronic Communication, Online Media, News Writing, and Special Topic in Journalism.
- -“The Use of News Content through Electronic Portal Platforms”. Co-authoring research with Dr. Nagwa Fahmy. Paper published in the Arabic Journal for Media and Communication (AJMC), Vol (18). Nov. 2017.
- - “Sources of Religious Information and Arab Youth Perceptions’ of Terrorist Attacks”. Individual research. Peer-reviewed paper published in “Arab Media & Society Journal. Issue 24. “Media and Politics”. Summer/Fall 2017. (Pp: 1:54
- -“Methodological Problems in Social Media Research”. Paper published in the Arabic Journal for Media and Communication (AJMC), Vol (15). May 2016.
- -Communication Strategies in Terroristic Groups’ websites on the Internet- Qualitative Analysis”. Paper published in Journal of “Social Issues”, Vol (121). Spring 2013.
- -“Citizen Journalism and Police Crisis during the Egyptian 25 January Revolution”. National Center for Social and Criminal Research Publications, January 2012.
- -The Egyptian Media Attitude towards Police Crisis and its Sequences during the Egyptian 25 January Revolution” Executive Comparison Summary, Media Monitor Unit, National Center for Social and Criminal Research Publications. January 2012
- The Use of Social Media in Media Awareness Campaigns against Drug Addiction. The Arab Journal for Security Research. Naif Arab University for Security Sciences. Issue (75). Vol (29). 2012.
- Culture of self-employment among Egyptian Youth. Field Study. National Center for Social and Criminal Research. 2014.
- The use of Information sources by Egyptian Teenagers and its Impacts on their Cognitive skills. Field study. National Center for Social and Criminal Research. 2014.
- The Rise and Development of Online Journalism in Egypt. The Media Report. Vol (1). 2016. published by the National Center for Social and Criminal Research. Egypt.
- Co-authoring book “Scientific Methods in Studding Media”. First edition. Al Falah House for Publishing, Cairo, January. 2014.
- - “Sharing news on social media – studding the sociology of news consumption”. Paper presented in the 18th international annual conference of the Arab-U.S. Association for Communication Educators (AUSACE), November 11-15, 2016 in Tangier, Morocco at King Fahd School of Translation under the theme: “New horizons of communication in a time of crisis.”
- “Media discourse of Terrorist organizations on Social Media”. The peer-reviewed paper, presented in the 40th Conference of Statistics, Computer Science and Applications “Media and Society Issues: Professionality and Social Responsibility”, organized by The National Center for Social and Criminal Research (NCSCR). Cairo, Egypt. 28-29 April 2015. Paper is also published in the conference annual book
- - “The Effectiveness of Linguistics Academic Preparation of Media Students in Arab Universities.” Paper presented in the First International Scientific Conference of Linguistics Center, Jordanian University, Amman, April 2014.
- -“Violence against Woman in New Media- Case Study of Sexual Harassment.” Paper presented in the 3rd International Conference “the State of Arab Woman in Law”. Morocco, Asefy, April 2013.
- New media and Security Crisis Management. Paper presented in the Second Annual Arab Police Symposium. The League of Arab States and Naif Arab University for Security Sciences. Amman. Jordan, 22:24 June. 2012.
- Media and Police Image Repairing. Paper presented in the First Annual Arab Police Symposium. The League of Arab States and Naif Arab University for Security Sciences. Amman. Jordan, 3-5 January. 2011.
Memberships, Awards and Honors
- “Excellence in Research Award, the First place”. Paper presented in the 20th Annual Conference of AUSACE, hosted by Qatar University, 24- 26 October 2015. Co-authoring research with Prof. Nagwa Fahmy.
- Supervisor of the Second place winner in the Research Competition organized by Dubai Press”, 16 Nov. 2017
- Supervisor of the First place winner in the fifth Undergraduate Research Competition, Abu Dhabi University, Category of “Mass Communication and Public Relations”, 8 May 2017.
- The winner of the “Excellence in Academic Work Award”, College of Mass Communication and Humanities, Ajman University, 2013.
- The best individual research paper was published in 2008 – 2009, in the peer-reviewed National Social Journal, by the National Center for Social and Criminal Research (NCSCR).