Born in February 1968, B.Sc. from Egypt in 1991, M.Sc. and Ph.D. from Japan 1998 and 2001 in the field of Control Engineering.Joined ASU for one year then AAU until 2005 in Jordan. Last post assumed was Head of Computer Engineering Department at AAU. Joined AU in August 2005. Inspection team member on quality assurance for USTF.Institutional Effectiveness Committee member (IEC). College Effectiveness Chair (CEC). Holding student affairs file (College level) and member of the College Council. Chair of Curriculum and Study Plan for Instrumentation and Control (ICE) concentration. Student affairs and Academic Advisory coordinator. Procurement comity chair (university level). Several think tank groups member on the university level on various tasks.
- PhD, Kyushu Institute of Technology (KIT), Japan, 2001.
- Master, Kyushu Institute of Technology (KIT), Japan, 1998.
- Bachelor, Arab Academy for Science and Technology, Egypt, 1991.
- Assistant Professor, Electrical Engineering Department. Ajman University, UAE, Since Sep. 2005.
- Assistant Professor (Head of the Computer Engineering Department), Computer Engineering department, Ahliyya Amman University (AAU), Jordan, September 2002-August 2005.
- Assistant Professor, Electrical and Computer Engineering Department, Applied Science University (ASU), Jordan, September 2001- August 2002.
- Projects Engineer Manager, JERZEEM Electromechanique, Palestine, May 1993 – Sep. 1995.
- Electrical Engineer (Control Engineer), PETRA Engineering Industry [PETRA HITACHI], Jordan, Oct. 1991– March 1993.
- Under graduate course related to electrical engineering such as: Control Systems, Advanced Control Systems, Industrial Control, Artificial Intelligent Electrical/Electronic Instrumentations and Measurements. Power Electronics. Logic Circuit Design, Electric Circuit Principles, Basic Electronics. Process Control. Selected topics in Control, Directed studies in Control, Neural Networks and Fuzzy Logic.
- Motion and vibration control in general, speed and position control of AC machines, using a variety of control methods such as PID controllers, VSS controllers, Adaptive controllers, Observers. Applications of Genetic Algorithm, Fuzzy Logic Controllers and Neural Network are also of main interest.
- Renewable Energy and Power/Voltage Balancing, MMC.
- Safia Bashir, Hasan Zidan, Zulfiqar Ali. Power Balancing of Grid Connected PV System Based on MMC Under Different Irradiation Conditions- submitted to the International Journal of Electrical Power & Energy System (Elsevier journal) (Decision Pending)
- Hasan Zidan, Safia Bashir, Sensor-less Vector Control of Induction Motor at Low-Speed Operation Using Modular Multilevel Converter- Australian Journal of Electrical & Electronics Engineering, 2019
- Hasan A. Zidan, Safia Bashir, A Novel Robust Speed Sensor-less Control of DC Motor -International Review of Electrical Engineering (IREE), 2019
- Hasan Zidan, Technology Based E-Management System. Proceeding of Jordan International Energy Conference, Amman, Jordan. 20-22 Sep. 2011.
- Kasim Rashid, Hasan Zidan, Variable Structure Controller with Prescribed Transient Response to control the Position of the Induction Motor Drives. Journal of Advanced Manufacturing Technology Springer Heidelberg Publishing, London, December 2007.
- Hasan Zidan, A comparison Study of Induction Motor Position Control using Variable Structure Versus PID Controller with Prescribed Transient Response. Proceeding of 13th IEEE IFAC-MMAR, Szczecin, Poland. 27-30 August 2007.
- Hasan Zidan, An Improved Voltage Ripple Control Algorithm for Modular Multilevel Converter Based Variable Speed Drive, Porceeding of IEEE-PEMC 2018 18th International Conference On Power Electronics and Motion Control, Budapest, Hungary.
Memberships, Awards and Honors
- Member of Jordan Engineering Community
- Technical Reviewer for Jordan Journal of Applied Science.
- Member of judging committee for IBDAAT SHABAB conducted by Sharjeh TV.
- Member of judging committee for IEEE senior design projects competition.