Guangming Cao, BSc, MSc, PhD, is Professor of Data Analytics, Head of Digital Transformation Research Center at Ajman University. He has taught in the UK, China, and now in the UAE. He has supervised seven PhD and more than 60 MSc/MBA students to completion. His research interests mainly include how ICTs such as artificial intelligence, big data analytics, and social media affect organizational decision-making, capabilities, and performance. He has published over 100 peer reviewed articles. He serves as an Editorial Review Board Member with International Journal of Information Management and Journal of Computer Information Systems. He has also consulted for a number of SMEs in the UK on digital analytics issues.
- PhD in Systems Thinking and Change Management, University of Luton, UK, 2001
- MSc in Systems Engineering, Northwestern Polytechnical University, China, 1985
- BSc in Engineering, Northwestern Polytechnical University, China, 1982
- Professor of Data Analytics, College of Business Administration, Ajman University, UAE, 9/2020-now
- Head of Digital Transformation Research Centre, Ajman University, 11/2020-date
- Principal Lecturer in Business Systems, Business School, University of Bedfordshire, UK, 2/2011-8/2019
- Lecturer in Management, Full-time MBA course director, Business School, Ulster University, UK, 8/2004-7/2009
- Associate Professor in Management,, Associate Dean of Management School, Northwestern Polytechnical University, China, 1993-1995
- Lecturer in Management, Management Department, Northwestern Polytechnical University, China, 9/1988-4/1992
- Organizational Research Perspectives (DBA)
- Business Research Methods (MBA)
- Electronic commerce (BSC)
- Project Management (BSC)
- Business Research Methods (BSC)
- Artificial intelligence for organizational decision-making
- Big data and business analytics
- Marketing capabilities
- Business value of information technology
- Cao, C., Duan, D., Edwards, J. and Dwivedi, Y. 2021. Understanding Managers’ Attitudes and Behavioral Intentions towards Using Artificial Intelligence for Organizational Decision-Making. Technovation.
- Cao G., Duan Y., Tian N. 2021. Identifying the Configurational Conditions for Marketing Analytics Use in UK SME. Management Decision (accepted).
- Cao, G., Tian, N. and Blankson, C. 2020. Big Data, Marketing Analytics, and Firm Marketing Capabilities. Journal of Computer Information Systems (accepted) .
- Cadden, T., Cao, G., Yang, Y., McKittrick, A., McIvor, R. and Onofrei, G. 2021. The effect of buyers’ socialization efforts on the culture of their key strategic supplier and its impact on supplier operational performance. Production Planning & Control, 32(13).
- Cao, G and Tian, N. 2020. Enhancing Customer-linking Marketing Capabilities Using Marketing Analytics. Journal of Business and Industrial Marketing, 35(7): 1289-1299.
- Duan, D., Cao, C. and Edwards, J. 2020. Understanding the Impact of Business Analytics on Innovation, European Journal of Operational Research, 281(3): 673-686.
- Al-Surmi, A., Cao, G. and Duan, Y. 2020. The Impact of Aligning Business, IT, and Marketing Strategies on Firm Performance. Industrial Marketing Management, 84: 39-49.
- Cao, G., Duan, Y. and El Banna, A. 2019. A Dynamic Capability View of Marketing Analytics: Evidence from UK Firms, Industrial Marketing Management, 76: 72-83.
- Cao, G., Duan, Y., Cadden, T. 2019. The Link between Information Processing Capability and Competitive Advantage Mediated through Decision-making Effectiveness, International Journal of Information Management, 44: 121-131.
- Ramanathan, R.; Duan, D.; Philpott, E. and Cao G. 2017. Adoption of business analytics and impact on performance: A qualitative study in retail, Production Planning and Control, 28(11-12): 985-998.
- Cao, G., Duan, Y., Cadden, T. and Minocha, S. 2016. Systemic Capabilities: The Source of IT Business Value, Information Technology & People, 29(3): 556-579.
- Cao, G., Duan, Y. and Li, G. 2015. Linking Business analytics to Decision making effectiveness: A Path model analysis, IEEE Transactions on Engineering Management, 62(3): 384 – 395.
- Cadden, T., Marshall, D. and Cao, G. 2013. Opposites Attract: The influence of organisational culture on supply chain performance, Supply Chain Management: an International Journal, 18(1): 86-103.
- Wiengarten, F., Humphreys, P. and Cao, G. 2013. Exploring the Important Role of Organizational Factors in IT Business Value: Taking a Contingency Perspective on the Resource-Based View, International Journal of Management Review, 15(1): 30-46.
- Wiengarten, F., Humphreys, P. and Cao, G. 2010. Collaborative supply chain practices and performance: Exploring the key role of information quality, Supply Chain Management, 15(6): 463-473.
Memberships, Awards and Honors
- Member of Association for Information Systems (AIS)
- Fellow of Higher Education Academy (FHEA), 09-Sep-2009
- Editorial Review Board Member with International Journal of Information Management