Dr. Anshuman Sharma is an Assistant Professor of Marketing at the Department of Marketing, College of Business Administration, Ajman University in the United Arab Emirates. He holds a Ph.D. in Marketing. His areas of expertise in teaching and research include Advertising & Promotion, Consumer Behavior, Data Analytics & Modeling, Marketing Research, and Social Media Marketing. He has over 20 years of experience in teaching, research, and consulting. As a researcher, he has presented his findings at over 30 prestigious international conferences, including the American Marketing Science 2020 Conference. Dr. Sharma is the Guest Editor of a special issue of two international journals that are listed in Scopus and ABDC. He is an expert in research methods and data analysis. He has given numerous workshops to researchers on SPSS, advance mediation moderation analysis using PROCESS-macro, PLS-SEM (using SmartPLS, ADANCO, and WarpPLS software’s), Fuzzy-set Qualitative Comparative Analysis (fsQCA), Necessary Condition Analysis (NCA), and Artificial Neural Networks (ANN).
- PhD, University of Lucknow, India, 2005
- MBA (Marketing & Economics), University of Lucknow, India, 1999
- Assistant Professor, College of Business, Jumeira University, UAE, September 2017 - February 2018
- Assistant Professor, Department of Business Administration & Accounting, Al Buraimi University College, Oman, September 2015 - June 2017
- Assistant Professor, Department of International Business Administration, College of Applied Sciences, Oman, December 2007 - August 2015
- Advertising & Promotion, Consumer Behavior, International Marketing, Marketing Management , Marketing Research, Retail Marketing, Services Marketing, Statistics & Data Analytics (Using MS Excel & SPSS)
- Consumer’s Attitude, Intention & Behavior; Advertising Effects & Information Processing; Statistical Modelling with Mediation and Moderation Effects
- Sharma, A., Dwivedi, Y., Arya, V., Siddiqui, MQ (2021), "Does SMS advertising still have relevance to increase consumer purchase intention? A hybrid PLS-SEM-Neural Network Modelling approach" in Computers in Human Behavior, https://doi.org/10.1016/j.chb.2021.106919
- Sharma A, Abbas H, Siddiqui MQ (2021) Modelling the inhibitors of cold supply chain using fuzzy interpretive structural modeling and fuzzy MICMAC analysis. PLoS ONE 16(4): e0249046., https://doi.org/10.1371/journal.pone.0249046
- Shishakly, R., Sharma, A., & Gheyathaldin, L. (2021). Investigating the effect of learning management system transition on administrative staff performance using task-technology fit approach. Management Science Letters, 11(3), 711-718. https://doi.org/10.5267/j.msl.2020.10.038
- Sharma, A. (2021), “Knowledge sharing intention and consumer perception in social networking sites’ in World Review of Science, Technology and Sustainable Development, Vol. 17, No. 4, 348-359, https://doi.org/10.1504/WRSTSD.2021.10038878.
- Sharma, A., Pathak, V., Siddiqui, MQ., (2021), “Antecedents of Mobile Advertising Value: A Precedence Analysis using the Hybrid RIDIT-GRA Approach” in Journal of Indian Business Research, https://doi.org/10.1108/JIBR-02-2021-0057.
- Presented a paper entitled, “Do You Love Open Kitchen Restaurant? Exploring Visitors’ Motivators for Sustainable Growth of Restaurants’ Industry: Structured Abstract” in 2020 Academy of Marketing Science Annual Conference from December 14 – 19, 2020. (Vikas Arya, Deepa Sethi, Anshuman Sharma, Atul Shiva, Tahir Islam)
- Presented a paper entitled, “Application of RIDIT Analysis in Prioritizing Dimensions of Mobile Advertising Perception” in International Conference on The Digital Transformation: Impact of Emerging Technologies in Marketing from December 18-19, 2020. (Anshuman Sharma, Vivek Kr. Pathak, Muhammad Qutubuddin Siddiqui)
- Presented a paper entitled, “Accessing the Impact of New Technologies on Marketing Strategies and Business Processes of Manufacturing and Service Industry Firms” in International Conference on The Digital Transformation: Impact of Emerging Technologies in Marketing from December 18-19, 2020. (Vikas Bhatnagar, Vivek Kr. Pathak, Anshuman Sharma)
- Presented a paper entitled, “A multi-analytic approach to predict social media marketing influence on consumer purchase intention” in International Conference on The Digital Transformation: Impact of Emerging Technologies in Marketing from December 18-19, 2020. (Anshuman Sharma, Akinola Fadahunsi)
- Presented a paper entitled, ‘Is the repeat purchase of smartphone users’ prompt because of brand generated equity? Embedding the role of brand image and brand loyalty to the same’ 2019 Annual Conference of Emerging Markets Conference Boards, Centre for Marketing in Emerging Markets at IMT Ghaziabad, Delhi NCR, India, January 6-8,2019.
- Presented a paper entitled, ‘Exploring the Moderating Role of Entrepreneurial Education and Mediating Role of Entrepreneurial Attitude on the Relation of Entrepreneurial Characteristics and Entrepreneurial Intention’. Working paper under evaluation in 7th International Conference on Business and Economic Development (ICBED), 9-10th April 2018, New York, USA
- Presented a paper entitled, ‘Exploring How Environmental Awareness and Concern Affect Green Product Purchase Intention; Gender as Moderator and Attitude as Mediator’, 5th International Conference on Green, Growth, Globalization, & Governance Challenges and Opportunities, J. K. Lakshmipati University, Jaipur, India, February3-5, 2017.
- Presented a paper entitled, ‘Exploring the Role of Perceived Value as Mediator and Age & Gender as Moderator in Online Shopping Intention’ 2017 Annual Conference of Emerging Markets Conference Boards, Centre for Marketing in Emerging Markets at IIM Lucknow Noida Campus, India, January 5-7,2017.
- Presented a paper entitled, ‘Entrepreneurial Skills and Traits; A Perspective on Entrepreneurship Education’ 2nd International Conference on Advances in Management & Decision Sciences, School of Management, Gautam Buddha University, Greater Noida, India, July 16-17, 2016.
- Presented a paper entitled, ‘Determinants of Business Incubators Success in GCC Countries’ Symposium on Business in Dhofar Region: Trends, Opportunities & Challenges, Department of Business Studies, Salalah College of Technology, Ministry of Manpower, Salalah, Sultanate of Oman, May 26, 2016.