Mrs. Al Amiry has completed her MS degree from Maryland University, Baltimore County, USA, in Emergency Health Services (EHS), and continued to pursue her second masters (MBA- with merit) from Strathclyde Business School, UK later on. Mrs. Al Amiry has evident diverse experience in both healthcare (as a nurse) and academic (as a lecturer) industries ; in many countries including Jordan, Saudi Arabia, and UAE. Her collective work experience counts to 12 years overall, during which she gained a great insight into capacities for improving work environment and overall performance. She served as the Head of Department at UGS prior to the restructuring, of a total of 18 months experience in this admin position, in addition to being a mother of a lovely toddler, Nuwar.
- MBA, with merit, Strathclyde Business School, UK (Dubai international campus), 2016.
- Master Degree, University of Maryland, Baltimore County, USA, 2010.
- BS in Nursing, Jordan University of Science and Technology, Jordan, 2002.
- Executive Program in Leadership, Organizing and Action, Harvard Kennedy School, (4 months online program); February-May, 2014
- Harvard Global Health Delivery online short course, Harvard University via HarvardX online campus, Office of the Vice Provost for Advances in Learning; (10-months online course); May 2nd- July 17th 2018
- Head of Department, Unit of General Studies, Ajman University, UAE, June 2017- January 2019.
- Lecturer, Unit of General Studies, Ajman University (2013- present).
- Lecturer, Faculty of Applied Medical Sciences, Jordan University of Science and Technology, Jordan, 2010-2012.
- Staff Nurse, Cardiovascular Telemetry, King Faisal Specialty Hospital and Research Center, Jeddah, KSA. 2004-2007.
- Staff Nurse, Coronary Care Unit (CCU), King Abdullah I University Hospital, Jordan. 2002-2004.
- Council of General Education Program (GEP), member: February 2019- present.
- First Aid
- Paramedic science
- Innovation in healthcare
- Infection control
- Al Amiry A, Innovation in Healthcare: Exploring Mobile Apps at Pre-hospital and In-hospital settings (With a Little Focus on Dubai). Conference Proceedings: Industrial Health, Healthcare & Medical Tourism conference, October 2017, Dubai.
- Al Amiry A, Methicillin-resistant Staphylococcus aureus: An occupational health hazard in the prehospital setting, Journal of Acute Disease (2015); 4(4): 274-276.
- Al Amiry A, Bissell RA, Maguire BJ, Alves DW. Methicillin-resistant Staphylococcus aureus nasal colonization prevalence among Emergency Medical Services personnel. Prehosp Disaster Med. 2013; 28(4):348-352, Cambridge University Press.
- Innovation in Healthcare: Exploring Mobile Apps at Pre-hospital and In-hospital settings (With a Little Focus on Dubai). Industrial Health, Healthcare & Medical Tourism conference (presenter), October 16, 2017, Dubai.
Memberships, Awards and Honors
- Conti Research Prize for Systems Thinking and Organizational Capability, by Hamdan bin Mohammed Smart University (2017), Innovation Arabia 10 Conference.
- Member of Editorial Board of Journal of Acute Disease (JAD), 2015- 2016
- Member, Arbutus Volunteer Fire Department as a licensed EMT, Baltimore County, MD, USA, 2010- 2016
- Member, the National Association of Emergency Medical Technicians (NAEMT) , 2012-2015.
- Jordan University of Science and Technology Graduate Scholarship Award (2008-2010).