Dr. Aiman Abufanas holds a Doctor of dental surgery Degree from Ajman university in 2007, UAE. He earned his Master of Science in Dentistry with a specialization in Orthodontics and Dento-facial orthopedics From Jordan university of Science and technology, in 2010, Jordan. Dr. Abufanas began his teaching and research as lecturer in growth and development department with the University of Ajman, UAE in 2011. He taught pre-Clinical and Clinical orthodontics for 3rd and 4th year undergraduate students.Dr Abufanas is a Fellow of the world federation of orthodontics and an active Member of the American association of orthodontics since 2013.Dr Abufanas is interested in orthodontics Biomechanics with special emphasis on micro-implants, and has lectured and participated in various National and international conferences. Dr Abufanas maintains a private practice dedicated to orthodontics in Ajman university medical center, UAE.
- Doctor of dental surgery, Ajman university, UAE, 2007
- Master of Science, Jordan university of Science and technology, Jordan, 2010
- Lecturer, Growth and Development Department, Ajman university, UAE, 7 years
- Orthodontic specialist, Ajman university Medical center, UAE, 6 years
- Orthodontics and Dento-facial orthopedics
- orthodontic biomechanics
- growth and development
- orthodontic Adhesive systems
- Enamel remineralization
- Cone-beam CT Scan And orthodontic 3D Diagnostic Tools
- Abu-Fanas A, Hashim R, Al-Ali S. Orthodontic treatment needs among 9-12 years old children in the Emirate of Ajman, United Arab Emirates. J Adv Oral Res 2015;6(2):39-42
- Assessment of orthodontic treatment need for children aged 6-12 compared with parents and children perception of existing malocclusion (Poster presentation at AAO Annual Session 2018)
- 31st Ibn Sina Medical/dental conference, Ajman, United Arab Emirates October 2017, Topic (Evolving Concepts in orthodontics: treatment of class III)
- Dental international conference 2017, Dubai, united Arab emirates, April 2017, Topic (interceptive orthodontic treatment : Scope, Limitations and Expectations.
- Ajman international Dental conference, Ajman, United Arab emirates. April 2017, Topic ( evolving concept of orthodontic treatment: treatment of class III from craniofacial biology to clinical excellence.
- Ibin sina medical/dental conference, Ajman, United Arab emirates October 2016, Topic ( interceptive and preventive orthodontics).
Memberships, Awards and Honors
- Member of American Association of orthodontics 2013-present
- Fellow of world federation of orthodontics. 2013-present
- Member of Emirates orthodontic association.