I received my DDS, MSc and PhD from the University of Baghdad, Iraq. I have more than twenty years in Academic Teaching as well as Clinical Experience.Currently, I am Associate Professor in Restorative Dentistry Department, Ajman University. I have been privileged to work in both the preclinical and clinical Restorative dentistry courses of both undergraduate and MSc Program.I have involved in preparing and revising many courses in both DDS and Master Program in Restorative Dentistry.I have authored a number of scientific abstracts and articles in the area of interest.
- PhD - (Doctor of Philosophy in Conservative Dentistry). Baghdad University, Iraq, 2006.
- MSc – (Master of Science in Conservative Dentistry). Baghdad University, Iraq, 1999.
- BDS - (Bachelor of Dental Surgery). Baghdad University, Iraq, 1992.
- Associate Professor 2014 – Present College of Dentistry, Ajman University , UAE.
- Assistant Professor 2007 - 2013 College of Dentistry, Ajman University , UAE.
- Assistant Professor 2006- 2007 College of Dentistry, University of Science and Technology, Sanaa, Yemen.
- Lecturer 2000-2002 College of Dentistry, Baghdad University, Baghdad, Iraq.
- 2016- Examiner for MFD examination of the Royal College of Surgeons in Ireland.
- Seminar in Operative Dentistry, MSc in Restorative Dentistry
- Clinical Practice, MSc in Restorative Dentistry
- Research Thesis, MSc in Restorative Dentistry
- Esthetic Dentistry MSc in Restorative Dentistry
- New trends, MSc in Restorative Dentistry
- Biomaterial, MSc in Restorative Dentistry
- Clinical Operative Dentistry, DDS
- Preclinical Endodontic , DDS
- Preclinical Operative , DDS
- Clinical Practice, DDS
- Main research interests are nickel-titanium instrument shaping ability, nickel-titanium instrument fracture mechanics and endodontic disinfection.
- Modern Endodontic Materials with an emphasis on new endodontic medicaments and sealers and their use in clinical practice.
- Research interests are in endodontic instrumentation and obturation as well as restoration of endodontically treated teeth.
- Ayyad N, Saleh AM. Comparison of the Shaping Ability of Reciprocating Single-File and Full-Sequence Rotary Instrumentation Systems in Simulated Canals. Journal of International Dental and Medical Research, Accepted for publication.
- Arwa Saleh Salem, Abdul Rahman Mohammed Saleh and Husein AA Elmasmari. In Vitro Assessment of Apical Leakage of Bioceramic Endodontic Sealer with Two Obturation Techniques. The Open Dentistry Journal. 2018, 12, 1162-1168.
- Patel AZ, Saleh AM. Theracal Lc: An Extensive Literature Review. International Journal of Current Research, 2017; 9 (7): 54531-54535.
- •Rashid AA, Saleh AM. Shaping ability of different endodontic single file systems using simulated resin blocks. Indian Journal of Multidisciplinary Dentistry. 2016; 6 (2):
- •Saleh AM, Rashid AA. Canal Central Ability of Four Different Endodontic Single-File Systems in Simulated L-Shaped Resin Canals. International Journal of Dentistry and Oral Health. 2016, 2(7).
- •Saleh AM, Vakili Gilani P, Tavanafar S, Schafer E. Shaping ability of 4 different single-file systems in simulated s-shaped canals. J Endod. 2015; 41 (4): 548-54.
- •Tavanafar S, Karimpour A, Karimpour H, Saleh AM, Saeed, MH. Effect of different instrumentation techniques on vertical root fracture resistance of endodontically treated teeth. J Dent Shiraz UnivMed Sci., 2015; 16 (Supplement): 50-55.
- •Saleh, AR., Tavanafar, S., Vakili-Gilani, P., Al Sammerraie, NJ., and Rashid, F. Influence of operator’s experience level on separation of the WaveOne primary file in extracted teeth. Restorative Dentistry & Endodontics journal; 2013; 38 (4): 222-226.
- •Saleh, AR., Salih, S., Rajab, M., Mesmari, F., Abdulaziz O., and Ahmed, D. Shear Bond Strength of Resin Composite to Rotary and Er:YAG Laser-Prepared Enamel. Smile Dental Journal; 2013; 8 (4):26-29.
- •Saeed, MH., Khoory, M. and Saleh, AR. Assessment Of Apical Leakage Of Different Endodontic Sealers Using A New Method- An In Vitro Study. e-Journal of Dentistry; 2012 ; 2 (4): 264-268.
- •Saleh, AR. Effect of early cervical preflaring and glide path utilizing rotary pathfile or manual K-files on the amount of apically extruded debris from curved canals instrumented by rotary ProTaper system. Iraqi Dental Journal. 2012; 12(1): 16-20.
- Saeed, MH., Khoory, M., Ismail, A., Saleh, AR. and Salami, A. Assessment of Apical Leakage of Different Endodontic Sealers -In Vitro Study. International Journal of Clinical Dental Science; 2012; 3(2): 58-61
- •Rajab, M., Salih, S., and Saleh, AR. Effects of Irradiation of Continuous Wave Carbon Dioxide Laser on Caries Resistance of Deciduous Teeth. Tikrit Journal for Dental Sciences; 2012; 2: 101-105.
- •Gaballah, K., and Saleh, AR. Diffuse inflammatory facial swelling secondary to local anesthetic injections in patient with Polyalkylimide gel used for cheek augmentation. Smile Dental Journal; 2010; 5 (4): 18-20.
- Saleh, AR. Repair versus Replacement of Restorations – Criteria for Decision Making and Clinical Tips: Presented at the Evidence Based Dentistry & Changing Managements at Ibin Sina Dental CME Continuing Medical Education Programme of Ajman Specialty General Hospital , Ajman, UAE, 5-6th October 2017.
- Biennial Congress of Endodontic held by European Society of Endodontology, 14-16 September 2017, Brussels, Belgium.
- Training Course on “ Clinical experience with the axiom system, how to work easily with conical connections”, Dubai, UAE, 29th April 2017.
- 8TH Dental Facial Cosmetic International Conference, Dubai, UAE, November 2016.
- Saleh, AR. Evidence Based and Clinical Cosmetic Dentistry. Presented at Professional diploma course in Cosmetic Dentistry, Erbil, Iraq, 2013.
- UAE International Dental Conference and Arab Dental Exhibition (AEEDC) Dubai, UAE, 2016.
- Saleh, AR. Keys For Predictable Root Canal Therapy Presented at the Evidence Based Dentistry& Changing Managements at Ibin Sina Dental CME Continuing Medical Education Programme of Ajman Specialty General Hospital , Ajman, UAE, 2015.
- Train The Trainer course, Dentsply Maillefer Certified Trainer, Switzerland, 2015.
- Facial Pain, Dubai Educational Seminar, Neuro Spinal Hospital, Dubai, May, 2015.
- 4th UAQ Dental Day, Umm Al Quwain- Cultural Center, October 2015.
Memberships, Awards and Honors
- Professional Diploma in Implant Dentistry, American Academy of Implant Dentistry, 2019
- •Member of BAIRD ( British Academy of Implant and Restorative Dentistry) (from 2013- till now).
- •Member of ESOCD (European Society of Cosmetic Dentistry) (from 2013- till now
- •UAE Ministry of Health (MOH) - Specialist Practice License (from 2011- till now).
- •Member of Iraqi Dental Association (from 1992- till now).
- •Appreciation for participation as examiner in the Part II MFDS exam, held at AUST, Ajman, UAE, 2016.
- •Certificate of Appreciation as Poster Judge UAE International Dental Conference and Arab Dental Exhibition (AEEDC) Dubai, UAE, 2015.
- •Certificate of Appreciation as Judge 2nd International Students Dental Conference, Sharjah, UAE, 2014.
- •Certificate of Appreciation for supervising the Best Scientific Paper Titled Flowvib…New Innovative Irrigation Device in Endodontic by AUST, Ajman, UAE, 2013.
- •Certificate of Appreciation for external Examiner in Clinical Endodontic by AUST, Fujairah, UAE, 2013.
- •Appreciation for participation in the open discussion form “Zirconia-The Truth” Panel Member. 4th CAD/CAM & Computerized Dentistry International Conference, Dubai, UAE, 2010.
- •Awarded and acknowledgement as the best PhD staff member chosen by the university evaluation system at Medical Science College, UST, Yemen. 2006-2007.