Header menu link for other important links
X
The representation of multiple intelligences in the science textbook and the extent of awareness of science teachers at the intermediate stage of this theory
Published in Elsevier Ltd
2020
Volume: 38
   
Abstract
The aim of this study was to explore multiple intelligence representations in the intermediate stage Science textbook in Jordanian schools. The criteria examined include eight of the intelligences from Howard Gardner's Multiple Intelligences (MI) Theory. The study used the analytical descriptive method. The analysis found that the intelligences represented in the Science textbook were mostly Verbal/Linguistic, Visual/Spatial, and Logical/Mathematical Intelligence, with a combined percentage of 73.3 %. The other 26.7 % was distributed between the other intelligence types: Interpersonal Intelligence, Intrapersonal Intelligence, Bodily/Kinesthetic Intelligence, Natural Intelligence, and Musical Intelligence. The findings referred to moderate awareness among Science teachers about including the MI in Science textbooks, and there is no significant difference between their awareness according to gender variable. Vary depending on educational level (in favor of those teachers with Bachelor's level education), and depending on experience (in favor of teachers with more than 10 years’ experience). The study suggests that further research on the representation of MI in textbooks is needed. © 2020 Elsevier Ltd
About the journal
JournalData powered by TypesetThinking Skills and Creativity
PublisherData powered by TypesetElsevier Ltd
ISSN18711871